As men get older, excess fat and skin start to accumulate in their lower and upper eyelids, which make them look older and more tired. Eyelid surgery for men can provide a host of benefits, including:
– Reducing the appearance of puffy lower and upper eyelids
– Correcting extra lower eyelid crepe-like lines, droopiness, and skin rolls
– Decreasing depression between the cheeks and eyelids
– Modifying the eyelids shape for a more natural look
Different Types of Eyelid Surgery
The specific type of eyelid surgery will be different from one person to another; plastic surgeons will determine the appropriate treatment for more optimized results.
- Upper Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty: In this procedure, the surgeon will make a tiny incision within your upper eyelids’ natural folds extending to your crow’s feet lines to camouflage any scarring. Removal of extra skin and contouring will follow.
- Lower Eyelid Surgery or Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty: Also called scarless lower eyelid lift, this procedure involves the removal of extra fat from your lower eyelids through a tiny incision concealed in your eyelid.
- Lower Eyelid Lift: During this procedure, extra skin and fat will be removed through an incision below your lower eyelashes. Some patients may need to have their lower eyelid tightened, so they will have a younger and more toned look.
- Lower Eyelid Tightening: Also called Cathopexy, this procedure is ideal for men who want to tighten their droopy or loose lower eyelids. A tiny incision will be made in the lower eyelids for tightening and lifting the lids.
While eyelid surgery for men may be enough for some patients, others choose to undergo additional procedures for further enhancement. For those wanting more pronounced enhancement in their eyebrow and eyelid areas, they can have an additional brow and forehead lifting procedure. Consult your surgeon to determine of you are a candidate for this procedure.